What's New on the Bank On California Website
- February 03, 2017 – The Bank On National Account Standards (2017-2018) identify both core and recommended features for safe and affordable banking products, including robust transaction functionality and no overdraft.
- October 21, 2016 – Share of U.S. Households without a Bank Account Drops - Unbanked Rate Declines to 7 Percent in 2015.
- October 27, 2015 – Remarks by FDIC Chairman Martin J. Gruenberg for Bank On/Cities for Financial Empowerment National Launch of Account Standards; San Francisco, CA delivered October 27, 2015: https://fdic.gov/news/news/speeches/spoct2715.html.
The Bank On National Account Standards (2015-2016) identify both core and recommended features for safe and affordable banking products, including robust transaction functionality and no overdraft.
Nationally, accounts that meet these standards--including Chase's Liquid account, Citi's Access Account, and Bank of America's SafeBalance Banking account--are available at almost 11,000 branches in 41 states and Washington, DC; Wells Fargo has newly committed to do the same with its Easy Pay Card by June 2016 across its 6,200 nationwide branches. We hope local Bank On coalitions will be able to use these standards to identify other local and regional financial institutions, including both banks and credit unions, that offer accounts that meet the standards, or engage institutions to encourage them to do so.
Read the standards here.
- October 27, 2015 – The Cities for Financial Empowerment Fund (CFE Fund) is leading a national movement that supports local Bank On coalition efforts to expand banking access for consumers outside the financial mainstream. As part of our efforts, we are excited to launch a new online home for Bank On, at www.cfefund.org/bankon.
- October 10, 2015 – Governor Jerry Brown signed AB 1292 – Bank On California
- October 07, 2014 - Money Smart para Adultos Mayores
- February 6, 2014 - Assembly Banking and Finance Committee Informational Hearing: Bank on California (AB 385), Thursday, February 6, 2:00-5:00pm., Milton Marks Auditorium, State Building (455 Golden Gate Avenue, Lower Level), San Francisco. Participants: Assembly Banking and Finance Committee members; SF Treasurer Josť Cisneros; Jan Owen, Commissioner, Department of Business Oversight, representatives from FDIC, Pew Charitable Trusts, California Endowment, California Bankers Association, regional Bank On programs and more.
- November 22, 2013 - CFPB Report: Empowering Low Income and Economically Vulnerable Consumers: A Report on a National Convening
- September 28, 2015 - Photo Gallery: Opening Doors Money Work$ Graduation
- September 27, 2013 - WE Connect Financial Literacy
- August 28, 2013 - Events: Sept 21, 2013 - WE Connect Health Enrollment Information & Resource Event
- August 28, 2013 - Events: Sept 07, 2013 - Moneywise Empowerment with Kelvin Boston
- June 2013 - Financial Institution Survey
- June 2013 - Bank On California Launches New Website
- May 21, 2015 – Updated Bank On Contacts List
- April 2013 - Bank On California Recognition from the US Treasury